All of us have dreams and goals that we want to achieve. Besides working hard to achieve those dreams, you can also help yourself focus and keep track of your success using a dreams and goals calendar.
But what exactly is this type of calendar then? Read on to find out.
A dreams and goals calendar is a calendar that helps someone achieve their dreams and goals by reminding them of what needs to be done on a daily basis to get to where they want to be. It’s pretty easy to make such a calendar.
Just follow the guidelines below:
- Step 1: Write down all your dreams and goals. These can be anything you wish to get done in the current or following calendar year. Write everything from small goals to the biggest of dreams that you think you can achieve in this year. This can be anything from being a happier person to learning an instrument to travelling the world.
- Step 2: Write down the steps you need to take to achieve all the dreams and goals you’ve aimed for in step 1. For example, if learning an instrument is your goal, your steps might include buying an instrument, taking classes, or hiring a private music teacher.
For something bigger like travelling the world, perhaps it’s saving money (with all the details on how), purchasing the right travel backpack, planning an itinerary, booking flights, and so on.
- Step 3: Once you have all the information you need from step 1 and 2, it’s time to buy a calendar. Try and get one that has individual pages for each date as it’s easier to jot down more on each calendar page. If you don’t feel compelled to purchase a calendar then download a free calendar to print here.
- Step 4: Now, it’s time to fill up your calendar. For each date of the year, fill up things from step 2 that you feel you need to accomplish on that day. If filling up for a whole year seems impossible for you, then just concentrate on the next one or two months first.
Write down what you need to do each and every day to make each day a stepping stone to your goal achievement. If you decide to fill it up a month or two at a time, just be sure to fill up for the following months as you go.
- Step 5: Look at your calendar every night to know what you have to do the next day, and make sure you go out and do it. If you stick with the scheduling in your dreams and goals calendar, you’ll increase your chances of actually fulfilling all your desires!
That’s all you need to do to make your own dreams and goals calendar. Step 1 and 2 are what will take the most time, but make sure you do them after properly thinking things through. Knowing what you want is the first step to getting what you want. You CAN do it!
“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”
–Attributed to Carl Bard