Remember that scene from Bruce Almighty? The one with all the post-its? Although it was one of my favourite scenes, I must admit it was quite impractical, not to mention totally un-green. So, what is the better option for us compulsive list makers aspiring to be tree huggers?
Here’s what PRWeb had to say about the new eWriter:
The Boogie Board Jot eWriter features a revolutionary Reflex LCD as its writing surface. Made of shatter-proof plastic, the Reflex LCD is ultra-thin and light. It also provides a writing experience similar to pen and paper. The Boogie Board Jot also includes a number of exciting new enhancements:
- A sleek and contemporary metallic-look design available with red, blue and graphite accents
- Soft-touch back to provide grip and stability
- Tapered stylus that doubles as a stand for horizontal viewing (great for leaving messages on the kitchen counter)
- Built-in magnets for mounting to refrigerators, file cabinets and other metallic surfaces
- Replaceable coin cell battery (each battery provides up to 50,000 erases)
- Erase lock switch to prevent accidental erasure of written/drawn images
It is basically a funkier version of the traditional slate and chalk (remember those?) only now you have no dusty mess. You simply write and then erase with a single click of a button. Just jot down your To-Do list and mount it on the fridge. This is in my opinion a very handy feature, using fridge magnets to hold down pieces of paper becomes very cumbersome.
And have you noticed there is never a pen around when you need one? The storage space for the stylus has been integrated in the design of the Boogie Board eWriter itself, making your life that much easier.
The ways in which you can use this device are endless. Ever get confused about all the instructions your boss or doctor gives you? Here’s a piece of advice for you – jot them down. If a fussy client needs to see a drawing of your brilliant idea, let your creativity run wild on the Boogie Board.
Use it to brainstorm or just doodle away, the same way you would with a regular, paper based notepad (only now you actually look cool doing it!) Prone to forgetting things and need to write them down? The eWriter is there for you.
Teaching your kids math or giving them a spelling test? You can use the Boogie Board, it has the added benefit of being fun for your kids, thereby holding their attention longer.
What would have made this wonderful product spectacular is some form of storage and connectivity. But even without those features the Boogie Board tablet is a good option for environmentally conscious buyers. It makes a great gift idea for your friends and family:
- Your mum – the innovative cook, who loves to create new recipes
- Your dad – the brilliant yet forgetful professor, who somehow can never recall what it is your mum asked him to get from the grocery store
- Your sister – the budding designer, who needs to sketch her ideas
- Your brother – the moody musician, who composes his own music
- Your husband – the rising entrepreneur, who just needs to get a tad bit organized
- Your wife – the writer, who dabbles in crime solving in her free time
- Your baby – the learner, who loves to scribble her As and Bs
- Your mother-in-law – the perpetual complain box, who delights in listing your faults
- Your roommate – the lazy lump who refuses to hunt for a pen to jot down your phone messages
- Your friend – the scientist who is looking for a solution to the world’s energy crisis
- Your crazy ex-boyfriend – the weirdo who secretly plans to take over the world
- And let’s not forget the most important person – YOU – because you deserve it!
So are you ready to boogie? (BTW how did it get that great name?) Selling for around $33.00-$39.00, these babies are so hot, some of them are already out of stock at Amazon. But if you don’t mind the wait you can still place your order with them.
Amazon promises to deliver as soon as the Tablet become available. However, if you are as impatient as I am to get your hands on these superb gadgets, Bed Bath and Beyond do still have them in stock. You can also order them from Firebox but be warned, it’s a bit pricier.
- Good price for a lcd writing tablet
- Very convenient (zero paper wastage)
- Super sensitive stylus & LCD screen (create fine lines, pressure sensitive, smooth writing surface)
- Good for shopping lists, phone numbers etc
- Mountable on fridge (built in magnet for the Boogie Board JOT 8.5)
- GREAT for kids!
- No save function. (although apparently Improv are working on a new saveable tablet).
- Stylus is not attached
- The Apple iPad has a free note taking/handwriting app (Just saying)
- Battery is not user-replaceable (but good for 50,000 erase cycles)
If you like the Boogie Board LCD Writing tablet family let me know below!